FAQ: Navigating our website
Question: How can I get "Help" if I have questions?
Answer: 1) Use our HELP buttons.
Near the top center of each website page, you will find a "Help" button which looks like a Question Mark (?). Put your cursor there and "click" for assistance with matters such as registering, logging in, navigating the website, and adjusting the text (font) size).
For specific help with registering or logging in, use the HELP feature located below the "LOG IN" box on the Home Page.
For specific help viewing the pictures in the Picture Gallery, click on the HELP buttons found on those pages.
2) Visit the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section.
3) Contact Us.
If you still need help, use the "Contact Us" option (located in the "Main Menu" box on the left-hand side of all website pages) and let us know how we may be of assistance.
Question: How can I move the page to see what's on the far right side?
Answer: There are several ways to move to the left or right.
1) There are left and right pointer boxes located in the right and left corners at the bottom of the page. Click on the pointer on the far right side (which points to the right) to move the page to your left. Click on the pointer on the far left (which points to the left) to move the page toward the right. Try it and you will see how it works.
2) You may also see a left-right scroll bar (zipper) located between these two pointers. You can scroll to the left or right by clicking on and moving the zipper bar in either direction.
3) You may also move to the left or right by using the left or right arrow keys located on your keyboard to the right of the letter keys.
4) You can move the entire website page to the left or right by clicking on the uppermost browser window on the Home Page (where it says Montgomery County Stroke Association), holding it, and moving it sideways. (You can also move the page up or down).
Question: How do I get back to the Home page from another place on the website?
Answer: To get back to the Home page, simply click on the word "Home" (or the icon next to it) in the Main Menu box located on the left side of every page on our website.
Question: How do I get back to this website when I'm viewing the Communique' newsletter?
Answer: 1) The easiest way to return is to click on the "back" pointer located on the tool bar just above the website page. It is a small box with an icon of a pointer that is pointing to the left. It is usually found at the far left side of the tool bar and may be green.
2) If you click on the "X" (exit) box at the top right-hand corner, you might find yourself logged off of our website. If this happens, re-enter our web address in your browser window and click "go" to return here.
Question: How do I go from the Home page to somewhere else?
Answer: Put your cursor on a word or icon in any of the three Menu boxes. These links will take you to the section of your choice.
The menu boxes are located in a column on the left-hand side of every page on the website. They are organized into the three categories listed below:
1) Main Menu
2) About MCSA
3) Stroke Info
You can see the menu boxes now if you look at the left side of this page. (You may need to scroll up toward the top of the page).
Each menu box includes several topics. For more information about a topic, click on the word or its icon (picture).
You can move from any website page to any other section of the website by clicking on these menu box words or icons.
Question: How do I move up or down the page?
Answer: Knowing how to move up and down the page is important. You will need to "scroll" down in order to see all of the information on a page. You will need to "scroll" back up to see to the menu boxes on the left side of each page or to return to the top of the page.
There are several ways to "scroll" up or down the page. Try the methods listed below, and then use the one you like best.
1) Look for the UP and DOWN symbols (arrows pointing up or down) located in the narrow column at the far right-hand margin of any page. Click on the pointer at the top of the column, which points up, to move higher up on the page. Click on the one at the bottom of the column, which points down, to move lower on the page.
2) Look for the scroll bar that is located between the UP and DOWN pointers mentioned in #1 above. Click and hold your cursor on the bar, moving it upward to go higher or moving it downward to go lower on the page. This bar is also called a "zipper."
3) Use the UP or DOWN arrows on your keyboard, which are usually located to the right of the letter keys. Hold the arrow key down or depress it repeatedly until you move as far up or down the page as you want to go.
4) If your computer mouse has a scroll wheel (located in the center), use your index finger to move the wheel and the page up or down.
5) You may move the entire web page up or down by clicking on (and holding) the uppermost browser box (Montgomery County Stroke Association) on the Home page and moving it up or down. (You can also move it to the left or right).
Question: How do I post a message in the Forum?
Answer: You will need to register as a Website User in order to post a message in our Forums. You may also choose to register as a MCSA member, but membership is not required for using the Forums. To register, click on the appropriate "Quicklink" found at the top right hand corner of the Home Page and follow the prompts (instructions) posted there.
After you have completed the registration process, you may post a message in the Forum by clicking on "Forums" in the "Main Menu" (located in the left hand column on all website pages). You will then see prompts (instructions) for posting messages.
Question: How do I return to this website when I have clicked on a link to another website?
Answer: The easiest way to return is to click on the "back" pointer located on the tool bar just above the website page. The pointer is in a little box on the far left side of the tool bar and may be green.
Or you may click on the red "X" (exit) box in the top right-hand corner of the web page you are visiting.
If you find that you have been accidentally logged off of our website, re-enter our web address in your browser window and click "go" to return here.
Question: What are menu boxes and how do I use them?
Answer: The Menu boxes are located on the left side of every page on the website. These boxes show you the content areas of the website and help you navigate (move) to the topic you want to view.
Click on the menu a box word or the icon next to it in order to be linked to detailed information about that topic. Described below are the three Menu boxes and the topics within each one.
1) The "MAIN MENU" allows visitors to view the Home Page (first page); to see our "Calendar" of upcoming and recent MCSA events; to "Contact Us" for more information; to obtain help from our "FAQ" (Frequently Asked Questions) section; to view our "Forums" postings and "News" articles; to see "Pictures" in our photo galleries, and to fill out "Surveys" on stroke-related topics.
2) The "ABOUT MCSA" menu acquaints visitors with the history of our organization and provides detailed information about our programs, chapters, Board of Directors, and By-Laws?. Our monthly Communique' newsletter is also available to read online.
3) The "STROKE INFO" menu provides visitors with important stroke education and resource information. This menu includes a "Bibliography" of publications related to stroke; a "Glossary" of definitions; and "Medical Info" such as types of stroke, risk factors, and warning signs. Helpful resources are provided both in our "Resources" section and our "Links" to other websites (including links to information in Spanish and French).
Question: What does it mean to "click" on a word or icon?
Answer: "Clicking" means putting your cursor in a specific place (such as at the beginning of a word, or on a picture icon) and then pressing the left or right mouse button.
Question: Where can I find information about upcoming events?
Answer: Click on "Calendar" in the "Main Menu" box found in the left-hand column on each page of our website. The calendar you see first will display the current month. To view past or future months, click on the box above the calendar, which is labeled "Click to move between months." To see details about an event listed on any calendar page, click on the event title inside that day's box.
Question: Where can I find links to other stroke-related websites?
Answer: Use the appropriate "Quick Link" located in the top right-hand corner of the our "Home" page to find links to other stroke-related website locations.
Some stroke-related websites are also listed in the "Stroke Info" menu (see "Bibliography" and "Resources" sections).
We encourage you to let us know about helpful websites by submitting items for the "Forum" that relates to stroke resources. Click on the "Forums" section of the "Main Menu" from any page on the website. Or use the "Contact Us" option (also on "Main Menu").
For speakers of other languages, we have included links to websites having stroke education information that is written in Spanish and in French.
Question: Where can I find local resources?
Answer: Click on the "Resources" listing in the "Stroke Info" menu located in the left-hand column on any pages on this website.
This section includes information about some of the many providers of services that stroke survivors and caregivers might need, primarily those located in Montgomery County (Maryland) and nearby areas.
Remember, the information listed is not all inclusive, and the MCSA is not endorsing any of these service providers.
Suggest A Question For This FAQ
If you disagree or would like to add to anything mentioned above, be sure to contact us.